ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: problem with propertyfile task
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2001 17:56:16 GMT
--- Chuck.Irvine@mail.sprint.com wrote:
> Hmm, maybe the functionality that I want doesn't exist. If the property
> is not present (or not set), I want the property to be added with the
> default value. If the property is already in the property file (and
> it's value is not equal to the default), the value should be left
> unmodified. Is there a way to get this behavior?

I took a look through the code, and yeah, the logic does look a bit
faulty. Since Erik is working on it, I don't want to duplicate that effort
-- but in the meantime, you can work around it. You'd need to read in the
properties file (if it doesn't exist yet, no harm, no foul), as well as
set those properties that you want a default value for, then reference the
property names in your <entry> tags.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)