ant-user mailing list archives

From ot...@ivillage.com
Subject Re: how to reduce the number of filesets in copy task
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2001 17:17:47 GMT
> > I was wondering if the following can be simplified.
> > Can all these fileset tasks can be merged into one while still achieving
> > the same effect?
> >
> >         <!-- Copy all the sources to the $build.src directory -->
> >         <copy todir="${build.src}" preservelastmodified="yes">
> >             <fileset dir="${src.dir}/ApacheJServ"
> >              includes="**/*.java"/>
> >             <fileset dir="${src.dir}/HTTPClient"
> >              includes="**/*.java"/>
> >             <fileset dir="${src.dir}/dnsjava"
> >              includes="**/*.java"/>
> >             <fileset dir="${src.dir}/ecs/src/java"
> >              includes="**/*.java"/>
> >         </copy>
>
> <fileset dir="${src.dir}">
>   <include name="ApacheJServ/**/*.java"/>
>   <include name="HTTPClient/**/*.java"/>
>   <include name="dnsjava/**/*.java"/>
>   <include name="ecs/src/java/**/*.java"/>
> </fileset>

Hello Diane,

The problem with this is that when you surround those filesets with a copy task (as above)
the new dir structure will include ...ApacheJServ/..., ...HTTPClient/...., etc.

I am trying to only copy all dirs and .java files below those directories, and exclude the
directories themselves...

Is that possible?
The solution presented in the original email does work, but I am hoping that there is a better,
shorter way of accomplishing the same.

Thank you,
Otis
P.S.
Sorry for multiple posts earlier - iVillage.com mail was messed up, t resent the mail every
time I hit 'Compose' - bug.

iVillage.com: Solutions for Your Life
http://www.ivillage.com