ant-user mailing list archives

From "Bhadra, Jatin" <jatin.har...@landg.com>
Subject RE: & in name of directory
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2001 14:15:55 GMT

Thanks Erik.

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com]
Sent: 01 October 2001 15:00
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: & in name of directory

Use &amp;

build.xml is XML after all!  :)

http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-xml-20001006#sec-entexpand

    Erik

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bhadra, Jatin" <jatin.harish@landg.com>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2001 6:03 AM
Subject: & in name of directory

> Hello All,
>
> I am sorry if this has already been discussed before. I am using Ant
> 1.4. I have a directory which has name D&G. I want to copy contents of
this
> directory  to another as follows
>
> Source
> c:/dir1/D&G/org/apache/.....
>
> Target
> c:/VAJ/app/
> I tried following tasks.
>
> 1: If I use
> <copy todir="c:/VAJ/app" >
>     <fileset dir="c:/dir1/D&G"/>
>   </copy>
> Ant throws XML parsing error because of "&".
>
> 2: If I use
> <copy todir="c:/VAJ/app" >
>     <fileset dir="c:/dir1/Damp&;G"/>
>   </copy>
> Ant says cannot find diretory c:/dir1/D&G.
>
> 3: If I use
> <copy todir="c:/VAJ/app" >
>     <fileset dir="c:/dir1/">
>     <include name="D?G\**"/>
>     </fileset>
>   </copy>
> ANT copied the dir D&G also in target dir(c:/VAJ/app/).
>
> What I want is only the content D&G in target directory, but directory
> structure should be maintianed.
>
> Thanks in advance for all your help.
> Jatin
>

> This e-mail (and any attachments) may contain privileged and/or
confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient please do
not disclose, copy, distribute, disseminate or take any action in reliance
on it.  If you have received this message in error please reply and tell us
and then delete it.  Should you wish to communicate with us by e-mail we
cannot guarantee the security of any data outside our own computer systems.

> Any information contained in this message may be subject to applicable
terms and conditions and must not be construed as giving investment advice
within or outside the United Kingdom.

> Legal & General Marketing Group, members of which are regulated by the
Personal Investment Authority and IMRO in the conduct of Investment
business.
> Legal & General Group PLC, Temple Court, 11 Queen Victoria Street, London,
EC4N 4TP.