ant-user mailing list archives

From "Quintus, Guenter" <guenter.quin...@wirecard.com>
Subject RE: Has anyone gotten a cvs task to work on Windows?
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2001 21:30:20 GMT
Hi,

you maybe should remove the space out of the CVSROOT like
":pserver:dev@10.1.2.15:/var/cvs".
Also i encountered a strange problem that cvs.exe is required where you
want to check out. But it can be that the PATH is somehow not used for
this, only the current directory...

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Ellsworth [mailto:scott@alodar.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2001 9:48 PM
To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Has anyone gotten a cvs task to work on Windows?

Hi, all.

I am working towards making Cruise Control work, and am trying to write
cvs task to check our stuff out.

I have the following file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<project name="nightlybuild" default="build-debug" basedir=".">
   <property name="cvsroot" value=":pserver:dev@ 10.1.2.15:/var/cvs"/>
   <property name="cvspassword" value="secretpassword"/>

   <target name="modificationset">
     <modificationset lastbuild="${lastGoodBuildTime}"
       quietperiod="30"
       dateformat="yyyy-MMM-dd HH:mm:ss">
       <cvselement cvsroot="${cvsroot}" localworkingcopy="."/>
     </modificationset>
   </target>

   <target name="init">
     <tstamp />
   </target>

   <target name="cvs-checkout" depends="cvs-login">
     <cvs cvsRoot="${cvsroot}" package="com edu org template" />
   </target>

   <target name="cvs-login">
     <cvspass cvsroot="${cvsroot}" password="${cvspassword}" />
   </target>
</project>

(No, our password is not "secretpassword")

I have cvs and patch in my path, and if I do

cvs -d:pserver:dev@10.1.2.15:/var/cvs co edu template

everything checks out happily enough.

If I do

ant cvs-checkout

I get the error

Total time: 1 second
C:\scott\cvs\Isis\test>ant -v cvs-checkout
Ant version 1.4.1 compiled on October 11 2001
Buildfile: build.xml
Detected Java version: 1.3 in: C:\java\jdk1.3.1\jre
Detected OS: Windows 2000
parsing buildfile C:\scott\cvs\Isis\test\build.xml with URI =
file:C:/scott/cvs/Isis/test/build.xml
Project base dir set to: C:\scott\cvs\Isis\test
Build sequence for target `cvs-checkout' is [cvs-login, cvs-checkout]
Complete build sequence is [cvs-login, cvs-checkout, modificationset,
init,
build-one-project, build-debug]

cvs-login:

cvs-checkout:
       [cvs] cvs [checkout aborted]: connect to  10.1.2.15:2401 failed:
Can't ass
ign requested address

I am now at a bit of a loss on how to proceed.  Do I need to install any

special libraries in the ant library directory, or something like that?

The cvs-login task did not make a difference. to the build.

Scott
Scott Ellsworth
scott@alodar.com