ant-user mailing list archives

From "T Master" <tmas...@iknowledgeinc.com>
Subject Re: Identify which classes were created from a Java task?
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2001 17:07:37 GMT
Shouldn't you compare timestamp of class files to java files?

Instead of jar'ed class files to built class files .... (unles syou meant
that!)

----- Original Message -----
From: <SimonRichardson2@halifax.co.uk>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2001 10:23 AM
Subject: RE: Identify which classes were created from a Java task?

> > Isn't that the "Pragmatic School of Software Engineering" - if it aint
> > broke....? :-)
> What else would I do for a living!
>
> > Other than that I'd still have a look at your SCM to see what
> > it offers.
> We use pvcs, but I think my problem isn't identifying what source has
> changed, it's more of a case of building (with Ant) and identifying what's
> new - the new things will be included with the patch.  At present I search
> for newness by comparing the contents of the build directory with the old
> jar!
>
> Thanks for helping Les,
>
> Simon

----
> Halifax plc, Registered in England No. 2367076.  Registered Office:
Trinity Road, Halifax, West Yorkshire HX1 2RG. Represents only the Halifax
Financial Services Marketing Group for the purposes of advising on and
selling life assurance, pensions and unit trust business.  The Marketing
Group is regulated by the Personal Investment Authority.  Switchboard 01422
333333.

==