ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dhirendra Kulkarni" <>
Subject Re: FTP
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2001 06:35:05 GMT
Hello kapil,

    I have insatalled Argosoft ftp server downloaded from . I created folder1
under inetpub/ftproot and palced aaa.doc in folder1. I started my iis and ftp publish service.Any
settings to be made under Default FTP Site in the management console of iis like mentioning
the name of remote machine etc?. Where to mention the ip of remote machine. So please give
some more details to enable this task

----- Original Message -----
  Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2001 2:00 PM
  Subject: RE: FTP

  Hi Dhirendra,

  The ftp tag should be something like:

      <ftp server="<machine_name>"

  Here "folder1" is a folder in Inetpub\ftproot for the FTP publishing service. If the file
aaa.doc is inside the folder "folder1", the FTP should work given the corret login credentials.

  Before trying the ant task you must make sure that FTP runs from the command prompt using
the same parameters that you are supplying to the ftp task in ant build script. The ftp task
is a kind of "wrapper" provided by Ant for FTPing and will not work if conventional FTP does
not work given identical credentials in both cases.

  Kapil Singh Pawar
  Consultant - Integration
  i2 Technologies India Private Ltd.
  1 Primrose Road