ant-user mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Mail notification on error status for a batch job
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2001 17:47:00 GMT

From: "Anthony Rodriguez" <Anthony@WeddingChannel.com>
> I don't think that just having a build listener and mail task will do what
> you want it to do.  If the build fails before the mail task is called,
then
> the build log will never get mailed.

A build listener will receive the build status.   Look at the code here:

    http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/faq.html#mail-logger

It does this very thing: e-mails failure e-mails from a build (and success
e-mails).

Using a task to e-mail build results is not logistically possible, and a
listener or logger is the right place to do that.   The thing I don't like
about the mail logger in the FAQ is that it assumes you are logging to a
file, and that the filename is specified in the properties file.   This
leaves too much room for mistake or mismatch in my opinion.  I'm working on
a new logger that I will submit for Ant 1.5 that will take care of this
issue.

    Erik