ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jim Jackl-Mochel" <jmoc...@foliage.com>
Subject Re: Including a common build file with common targets.
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2001 12:02:34 GMT
Including a common build file with common targets.We uyse a common confi.ant file that is brought
in via entity reference from a common location. I believe the method is descrivbed  in the
FAQ.

Jim
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Albertus Vermeulen
  To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
  Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2001 7:00 AM
  Subject: RE: Including a common build file with common targets.

  Hi Jerry,

  Thanks for your input, your solution would mean less lines in the build.xml files, but doesn't
really provide me with the solution I'm looking for. I'm really looking for an equavalent
of include in makefiles. In our development environment we have seperate components that developers
are working on. They all need to make the same targets, but for their own projects. We currently
maintain these "make" targets in one file and this ensures that there is very little clutter
in the Makefiles of each developer. This can't be changed when we move to Ant.

  Do you or anyone else have any other suggestions I might try ? Are there any features of
Ant which I've missed in the docs that might help me out ?

  Albertus