ant-user mailing list archives

From Timothy Shadel <shade...@mtc.byu.edu>
Subject RE: Wrong sig for Ant 1.4?
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2001 14:13:15 GMT
I seem to get a bad signature too, but I'm using the latest Windows freeware (7.0.3).  I got
the KEYS file from http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-ant/release/KEYS and then imported
it into PGP.  I then downloaded the zip file from http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/jakarta-ant/release/v1.4/bin/jakarta-ant-1.4-bin.zip
the signature file http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/jakarta-ant/release/v1.4/bin/jakarta-ant-1.4-bin.zip.asc
and double clicked it.  PGP then asked me to choose the file jakarta-ant-1.4-bin.zip.  After
I did, it reported that the signature was bad.  Here are two screen shots, one of the main
PGP window (you can see it's a brand new installation with no keys but those from PGP and
the KEYS file above), and one showing the bad signature message.

If I didn't do this right, please let me know.  I don't know a ton about PGP, but I've used
it before.

Thanks,

Tim

>>> "Conor MacNeill" <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au> 09/26/01 08:51PM >>>
Chris,

I have just downloaded a copy from the web and tried it out without issues.
I did the following

1. Using gpg, created a new temporary key for a different identity.
2. imported the keys from the webpage
3. sign the keys
4. run gpg --verify with the following results

D:\Download\Scratch>gpg --verify jakarta-ant-1.4-bin.zip.asc
gpg: Signature made 09/03/01 21:49:41  using DSA key ID 51898504
gpg: Good signature from "Conor MacNeill <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au>"
gpg:                 aka "Conor MacNeill <conor@apache.org>"

Can you let me know what problems you have. Can you try gpg?

Conor