ant-user mailing list archives

From Timothy Shadel <>
Subject RE: Wrong sig for Ant 1.4?
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2001 14:13:15 GMT
I seem to get a bad signature too, but I'm using the latest Windows freeware (7.0.3).  I got
the KEYS file from and then imported
it into PGP.  I then downloaded the zip file from
the signature file
and double clicked it.  PGP then asked me to choose the file  After
I did, it reported that the signature was bad.  Here are two screen shots, one of the main
PGP window (you can see it's a brand new installation with no keys but those from PGP and
the KEYS file above), and one showing the bad signature message.

If I didn't do this right, please let me know.  I don't know a ton about PGP, but I've used
it before.

>>> "Conor MacNeill" <> 09/26/01 08:51PM >>>

I have just downloaded a copy from the web and tried it out without issues.
I did the following

1. Using gpg, created a new temporary key for a different identity.
2. imported the keys from the webpage
3. sign the keys
4. run gpg --verify with the following results

D:\Download\Scratch>gpg --verify
gpg: Signature made 09/03/01 21:49:41  using DSA key ID 51898504
gpg: Good signature from "Conor MacNeill <>"
gpg:                 aka "Conor MacNeill <>"

Can you let me know what problems you have. Can you try gpg?

View raw message