ant-user mailing list archives

From Mikko Kurki-Suonio <max...@davisor.com>
Subject RE: spaces in url for get task
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2001 14:59:00 GMT
On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, Bhadra, Jatin wrote:

> In my case, the url that will be passed as the src parameter for the get
> task comes as a input variable. So i don't have control over it.

How about checking the spec for a change? A space is not a valid character
in a URL. Also, escaping necessary characters in an already constructed
URL is impossible to do properly, it's not reasonable to require that Ant
should do it.

Either teach your users to escape characters that go into URLs, or build a
custom task for the job. java.net.URLEncoder does most of the real work,
you just need to provide a task interface to it.

I guess the latter will be more successful in the long run.

//Mikko