ant-user mailing list archives

From "James THOMAS" <James_THO...@enovia.com>
Subject Re: newbie needs help: jar / fileset search path?
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2001 15:43:00 GMT

Sorry, please ignore my reply.  I read the response wrong.  What can I say,
sometimes I'm an idiot.

It would be nice if I could specify the search path as a property value
prior to executing the ant build.

Image if I had 30 jar files and 4 possible search paths:  30 * 4 = 120
lines which would be better specified as 30 lines.

Thanks.

I was afraid I'd get an answer like that after I sent the mail.  Here's a
better example that demonstrates my challenge.

<classpath>
    <fileset searchpath="/tmp/some_jars;/user/theman/some_more_jars">
              <include name="jar1.jar"/>
              <include name="jar2.jar"/>
    </fileset>
</classpath>

I cannot make any assumptions about the search path directory names.  They
can be anything.

Thanks.

--- James THOMAS <James_THOMAS@enovia.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to specify as part of the classpath a jar file and a
> search path for the jar file?
>
> Here's an illegal example which demonstrates what I'm looking for:
>
> <classpath>
>      <fileset searchpath="/tmp/some_jars;/tmp/some_more_jars">
>                <include name="jar1.jar"/>
>                <include name="jar2.jar"/>
>      </fileset>
> </classpath>