ant-user mailing list archives

From v...@trilogy.com
Subject Re: Weird Swing error when using Ant
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2001 18:48:33 GMT
Very doable in Java. Must be that Ant uses a custom security manager that
overrides checkExit().

Vlad.

Please respond to ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
To:     "Ant-User" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc:

Subject:        Weird Swing error when using Ant

It must be me but...

I have a Swing app that calls System.exit(0) when the main window is
closed.
When I run the app from the command line it closes fine, however when I
run
the app from with Ant it doesn't exit the VM.

My target looks like this

  <target depends="build" name="RunUI">
   <java classname="com.develop.kevinj.http.ui.HttpProxyUI"
              classpathref="project.class.path" failonerror="true"
              fork="true">
        <arg line="8888 8080 localhost"/>
    </java>
  </target>

I've checked the archives but have seen nothing on this, (this is under
1.3
and 1.4)

Kevin Jones
Developmentor