ant-user mailing list archives

From Tom_Copel...@realeum.com
Subject Re: Book on Ant
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2001 19:16:08 GMT

I'd definitely get a copy of an Ant book for my company - especially if it
had a lot of stuff about building EJBs.     And BuildListeners.  And
setting up a web site with the results of hourly hourly build.  And the
JUnit task   :-)

Yours,

Tom Copeland
tom_copeland@realeum.com
703-317-5193

|--------+----------------------------------->
|        |          "Erik Hatcher"           |
|        |          <jakarta-ant@ehatchersolu|
|        |          tions.com>               |
|        |                                   |
|        |          09/28/2001 02:56 AM      |
|        |          Please respond to        |
|        |          ant-user                 |
|        |                                   |
|--------+----------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:     "ant-dev" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>, <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
                      |
  |       cc:
                    |
  |       Subject:     Book on Ant
                    |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

There is a good possibility that I will be writing a book on Ant soon.  I
would like to solicit feedback from ant-dev and ant-user.

- Is there great interest in a book about Ant?

- What are the "must-have" topics to cover about Ant?   Are there any
topics
that should be avoided?

- Are there books that an Ant book should borrow ideas from?

- Are there others out there that are actively working on an Ant book?

Feel free to e-mail me privately (jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com) or
reply to the list (although lets keep replies on the ant-user list please).
If you have any positive/negative feedback or suggestions I'd love to hear
from you.

I re-read the thread "Ant book?" that took place a couple of months ago and
there was mention that a book was in the works.   Any details on who it is,
when its expected, and/or what it might focus on?

Thanks,
    Erik

This email may contain confidential and proprietary information which is
for the sole use of the intended recipient.  If you received this email in
error, please notify the sender and delete this email from your computer.
Any review, distribution or retransmission of or reliance on this email by
anyone other than the intended recipient is forbidden.