ant-user mailing list archives

From rsignor...@chubb.com
Subject Re: using Available for presence of ANY files
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2001 19:43:46 GMT

In our incremental build process, the entire deployment directory structure
is created, even if there are no files to be copied to a particular
directory.

I have just tried removing the explicit <mkdir> stmts for the entire
deployment directory structure in our incremental build process, and
instead, let each <copy> stmt create whatever directories it needs.  Doing
it this way now guarantees that if a given directory structure exists at
the conclusion of the build process, there WILL be files in it.

I then modified <available> as per your suggestion, and it worked the first
time!

Thanks for the suggestion.

                    Diane Holt

                    <holtdl@yahoo        To:     ant-user@jakarta.apache.org

                    .com>                cc:

                                         Subject:     Re: using Available for presence of
ANY
                    09/10/01             files

                    02:35 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    ant-user

Would the directory exist if there aren't any files in it? If not, you can
ask <available> to check for the directory itself existing, rather than
checking for any files in it. (If it would, I'll need to think about :)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)