ant-user mailing list archives

Subject Re: using Available for presence of ANY files
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2001 19:43:46 GMT

In our incremental build process, the entire deployment directory structure
is created, even if there are no files to be copied to a particular

I have just tried removing the explicit <mkdir> stmts for the entire
deployment directory structure in our incremental build process, and
instead, let each <copy> stmt create whatever directories it needs.  Doing
it this way now guarantees that if a given directory structure exists at
the conclusion of the build process, there WILL be files in it.

I then modified <available> as per your suggestion, and it worked the first

Thanks for the suggestion.

                    Diane Holt
                    <holtdl@yahoo        To:
                    .com>                cc:
                                         Subject:     Re: using Available for presence of
                    09/10/01             files
                    02:35 PM
                    respond to

Would the directory exist if there aren't any files in it? If not, you can
ask <available> to check for the directory itself existing, rather than
checking for any files in it. (If it would, I'll need to think about :)