ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject RE: Weird XML Error
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2001 03:45:31 GMT

Not quite. Try this
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<project name="integration" default="info" basedir="..">
  <description>integrate and test application on a single
machine</description>
	<target name="init" description="initialisation routines and properties">
		<tstamp />
	</target>

	<target name="info" depends="init" description="print info about your build
environment">
		<echo message="OS Name:                ${os.name}" />
		<echo message="OS Version:             ${os.version}" />
		<echo message="" />
	</target>
</project>

The project element does not have a description attribute. However, I'm
doubtful that this will solev your problem as it seems to be an XML parser
issue. Are you using the standard Ant parser (crimson) or another. What JDK
are you running? Can you please run ant -debug if this still occurs and let
us know of anything interesting.

Conor