ant-user mailing list archives

From Jamie.Ech...@ubsw.com
Subject RE: Getting around JspC re-precompiling
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2001 07:46:58 GMT
Be careful though that one file is not included in the other. The file
that has changed timestamps may well be included in many other files,
but not require compilation itself. I don't see an easy way round this
short of using clearcase config recs (we use clearcase) so we are going
to recompile them all whenever one is out of date.

cheers, jamie

PS here is the relevant bit from the build file (the mkrelative.pl is
an ugly hack to make the file names relative as our jsp compiler bombs
out if you pass the full path name):

<target name="jspc">
 <echo>
  Processing JSPs in Web
 </echo>
 <apply executable="/sbcimp/run/pd/perl/prod/bin/perl" parallel="true"
dest="${src.dir.root}/war/jetweb-app/WEB-INF/classes"
dir="${src.dir.root}/JSPC">
  <arg line="/home/echlinja/mkRelative.pl"/>
  <arg value="java"/>
  <arg value="-classpath"/>
  <arg
path="${classpath}:/sbcimp/run/tp/sun/jdk/v1.3.0/lib/tools.jar:${SCSROOT
}/LDN_JETPAC_THIRDPARTY/jrun30.jar"/>
  <arg value="JSPC"/>

  <arg value="-v"/>
  <arg value="-d" />
  <arg value="WEB-INF/classes" />
  <fileset dir="${src.dir.root}/JSPC" includes="**/*.jsp"
excludesfile="${src.dir.root}/JSPC/exclusions.txt" />
  <mapper type="glob" from="*.jsp" to="*.class"/>
  <!-- mapper type="regexp" from="(.*).jsp$$" to="\1.class"/ -->
 </apply>
</target>