ant-user mailing list archives

From "Brian S. Paskin"<bpas...@libero.it>
Subject Cyclic Errors
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2001 09:02:58 GMT
Hi,

I am having a problem compiling a huge number of classes using <javac>.
In the project there are over 300 classes and 31 packages.  When I try
to compile the classes, I receive the error "Cyclic class inheritance or
scoping" from the compiler.  I looked this up under the info from Sun
and it is a known problem under version 1.1 of Java.  I am using 1.1.8
PTF 8 under AIX.  Sun's suggestion is to upgrade to 1.2, though, in the
real world it is not so easy just to upgrade everything.

My javac statement is this:
<javac srcdir="${srcdir}" destdir="${builddir}" depend="yes"
classpath="${cp}">
<include name="${package01}/**"/>
<include name="${package02}/**"/>
<include name="${package31}/**"/>
</javac>

Does anyone have any suggestions to get around this problem?

Thanks.

Regards / Saluti / mit Freundlichen GrŘ▀en,
Brian

"Domani sarÓ un giorno migliore vedrai"

email: brian@paskino.com
http://www.paskino.com