ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ylan Segal" <y...@digiworks.tv>
Subject Checking if properties is set
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2001 20:04:27 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to write a target that checks if all needed properties are set
before it actually does anything else.
Why? because there are several developers working on a project and since the
build.xml is being checked into cvs, the specific properties (like src.home,
javadoc.home, etc) are particular to each developer and set in a
build.properties that is NOT checked-in to cvs.
However, I have managed to check with the condition task if the
build.properties is present, but that does not garantee that all the
properties needed are set, for example, if javadoc.home is not set, then I
end up having a directory created with the name ${javadoc.home}.
I want the build to fail if not all required properties are set.

Does anyone have an idea on how to do this? What I want really, is for the
condition task to be able to check for a specific property.

All help greatly appreciated.

Ylan Segal.