ant-user mailing list archives

From "Massa, Ray" <>
Subject RE: Calling Ant from a JSP page
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2001 15:14:20 GMT
Thank you very much for all the info.

-----Original Message-----
From: Conor MacNeill []
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2001 5:43 AM
Subject: Re: Calling Ant from a JSP page

Jeff Turner wrote:
> I would appreciate it if proponents of "doing it properly" either provide
> to demonstrate how to embed Ant (with all command-line functionality
> or remove that (IMHO) misleading comment.

The comment is not misleading - it is entirely right and running Main
inside a server will most likely upset the server in some way. At the
very least it will cause the server's system.out to be directed into
Ant's event system. Not too cool.

I agree that the access levels on some of this stuff makes it difficult
and that should be addressed (I will try to address soon, but patches
are welcome in the meantime).

> Save yourself a lot of trouble

But do so with the knowledge that it is not recommended. If it all goes
pear-shaped, you'll know why.

View raw message