ant-user mailing list archives

From "Massa, Ray" <RMa...@ea.com>
Subject RE: Calling Ant from a JSP page
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2001 20:30:17 GMT
Thanks for the help Carter!

So to the best of your knowledge, Ant can only be called using Runtime
commands? Meaning I can't instantiate an Ant Object and call a build
command?

Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: Carter A. Thompson [mailto:cartert@voxeo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2001 1:04 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: Calling Ant from a JSP page

I have a JSP page that runs a Perl script that calls Ant.  In
your case I suppose you could just substitute the perl script for
an Ant call directly.

In your JSP Page use something like this:

Process myProc = Runtime.getRuntime().exec("cmd /c ant");

or for Unix use one of the various shells at your disposal:

Process myProc = Runtime.getRuntime().exec("sh  ant");

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Carter.