ant-user mailing list archives

From "Cory Adams" <cory.ad...@allogis.com>
Subject RE: Using IF
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2001 23:05:13 GMT
OK I will give that a shot.

I might even take dance lessons =)

Thanks,

Cory

-----Original Message-----
From: Diane Holt [mailto:holtdl@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2001 5:43 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: Using IF

Maybe it would help if you think of the if/unless as a test for the
property's existence, since it will only exist if it's set to something
(the example property-name given in your quote is somewhat misleading,
since it includes "IsSetTo" rather than simply "IsSet").

If you need to test against the actual value of the property, you can use
the (new to 1.4) <condition> task, in which case you would most likely
then "if" on the existence of the property that got set (or not) by
<condition>. For example:

  <target name="areWeDancing">
    <condition property="letsDance">
      <and>
        <equals arg1="${dance}" arg2="funkyChicken"/>
        <not>
          <equals arg1="${dance}" arg2="theTwist"/>
        </not>
      </and>
    </condition>
  </target>

  <target name="doWork" depends="areWeDancing,danceFirst">
    <echo message="Workworkwork..."/>
  </target>

  <target name="danceFirst" if="letsDance">
    <echo message="Cluckitycluckcluck..."/>
  </target>

$ ant doWork
doWork:
     [echo] Workworkwork...

$ ant -Ddance=theTwist doWork
doWork:
     [echo] Workworkwork...

$ ant -Ddance=funkyChicken doWork
danceFirst:
     [echo] Cluckitycluckcluck...
doWork:
     [echo] Workworkwork...

Note: I edited out the header and footer output, but I didn't need to edit
out the targets that didn't actually do anything, since I always use
NoBannerLogger as my logger. (Just throwin' in another little plug to have
it be the default :)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)