ant-user mailing list archives

From "Tait, Allen" <at...@IDEXX.com>
Subject ant task dir=
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2001 17:58:57 GMT
I am modifying our build.xml files to work in both the Unix and Windows
environments.  They were written originally for Unix.  We are executing a
few subprojects within the main build.xml.  This has been accomplished with:

<exec dir="content" executable="ant"/>

This is called from the parent directory of "content".  However, this
command doesn't seem to work in Windows (it can't find ant).  It does work
in Unix.  I have tried using the following to replace this command:

<ant dir="content" antfile="build.xml"/>

Now this works fine in Windows but not in Unix.  The main build.xml is one
level above "content" in the directory hierarchy.  I am guessing that when
using the ant task the working directory does not get switched to "content"
but it does get switched to "content" when using exec.  Is this the case?
Is there a workaround?  I could specify the OS for the exec but this is not
an option for the ant task.

Thanks