ant-user mailing list archives

From Rouiller Claude <...@elca.ch>
Subject javac and dependencies
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2001 12:07:14 GMT
Hi

I have 2 source files: a.java and b.java.
In a.java, I use a class that is defined in b.java.

Imagine I've just compiled both files.
If I modify only b.java and I call Ant again, Ant will call the compiler for
b.java only. (This is not a surprise, because it is written in the Ant
documentation "Only Java files that have no corresponding class file or
where the class file is older than the java file will be compiled.")

What I would like Ant to do is to recompile both files, even when I don't
change a.java.
A solution is to "clean" every time before calling the compiler.
Is there any nicer solution??

Claude