ant-user mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <sbaill...@imediation.com>
Subject RE: XSLT extensions and ANT
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2001 06:12:35 GMT

This might be due to a systemid problem between xalan and ant.
systemids are not consistant within xalan (though the fixes should be in
D10) and I did my best at the time of the release to come around most
problems between xalan and bug in parsers as well.
You're running in a unix box ?
You might try running Xalan via the command line...
<java classname="org.apache.xslt.xalan.Process">
(You might be forced to fork the VM since there might be a system.exit call)

--
 St├ęphane Bailliez
 Software Engineer, Paris - France
 iMediation - http://www.imediation.com <http://www.imediation.com/>
company.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kyle Adams [mailto:kadams@gfs.com]
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2001 10:24 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: XSLT extensions and ANT

To begin with, I'm modifying antgump for use in our build process.  The
antgump-each.xsl stylesheet  contains the following snippets:

<snip>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
                xmlns:redirect="org.apache.xalan.xslt.extensions.Redirect"
                extension-element-prefixes="redirect">
</snip>

<snip>
<redirect:write file="{@name}-process.xml">
</snip>

When I run the build.xml file, the following transformation fails:

               out="${temp.dir}/foo.xml"
               style="stylesheet/antgump-each.xsl"
               destdir="${temp.dir}"/>

Specifically, it fails on the line with the <redirect:write> extension.
When I run the transformation from the command line (using
org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process), it works fine.  I suspect the extension is
causing the failure, but I'm unsure how to fix things.  I've tried
specifying "xalan" as the processor, but that fails since I'm using Xalan-J
2.2.D10.  I'm also using Ant 1.3.  Does my hunch (that the extension's
causing the failure) sound correct?  Anyone have an idea as to how to work
around it?