ant-user mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <>
Subject RE: XSLT extensions and ANT
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2001 06:12:35 GMT
This might be due to a systemid problem between xalan and ant.
systemids are not consistant within xalan (though the fixes should be in
D10) and I did my best at the time of the release to come around most
problems between xalan and bug in parsers as well.
You're running in a unix box ?
You might try running Xalan via the command line...
<java classname="org.apache.xslt.xalan.Process">
(You might be forced to fork the VM since there might be a system.exit call)

 St├ęphane Bailliez
 Software Engineer, Paris - France
 iMediation - <>

-----Original Message-----
From: Kyle Adams []
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2001 10:24 PM
Subject: XSLT extensions and ANT

To begin with, I'm modifying antgump for use in our build process.  The
antgump-each.xsl stylesheet  contains the following snippets:
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
<redirect:write file="{@name}-process.xml">
When I run the build.xml file, the following transformation fails:

Specifically, it fails on the line with the <redirect:write> extension.
When I run the transformation from the command line (using
org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process), it works fine.  I suspect the extension is
causing the failure, but I'm unsure how to fix things.  I've tried
specifying "xalan" as the processor, but that fails since I'm using Xalan-J
2.2.D10.  I'm also using Ant 1.3.  Does my hunch (that the extension's
causing the failure) sound correct?  Anyone have an idea as to how to work
around it?

View raw message