ant-user mailing list archives

From Will Dyke <will.d...@bbc.co.uk>
Subject vssget - optional label
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2001 09:34:20 GMT
Very occasionally, I need to get a particular build out of VSS, defined
by its label. What I would like to do is to add -Dlabel=build42, for
example,
in these rare cases, and use label="${label}" within the vssget task.
However, this causes the vssget to fail at all other times. I have tried
setting a default value of an empty string for label, but vssget doesn't
like an empty label either.

At the moment, I'm having to resort to editing my build.xml file every
time I wish to get a particular version, and editing it back for the
rest of the time. I'm not a big fan of this - any ideas?

Most potential solutions that I see would probably involve a change to
the vssget task (so that e.g. an empty string value for label means
get standard version) - I don't mind doing this, but would prefer not
to have to.

Will

Will Dyke
beeb.com Systems Engineer