ant-user mailing list archives

From Anthony Rodriguez <Anth...@WeddingChannel.com>
Subject RE: using ant in the deploy process
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2001 22:39:59 GMT
Thank you for your response Diane.  I actually perused thru the mailings and
found a couple of replies you sent about the ForEach.java task.  I don't
know if it can do what I want however.
In a nutshell, I want to ftp, copy, etc a folder full of java and asp files
to several servers.  The servers will change from build to build.  The
number of servers could also vary from one to many.  I was looking into the
script task and I have a rudimentary knowledge of Javascript (I know how to
make pop up windows from a web page :~).  Would you happen to know if I can
accomplish this sort of thing with the script task?  Here's some pseudo code
as to what I would like to do:

deploy.xml
-----------
<target name="deploy_sites">
  <script language="javascript">
        New array sites="site1 site2 site3";  #the elements will come from a
properties file
        for(int i=0;i<length.(sites);i++) {

                <antcall target="deploy">
                        <param name="site" value="site[i]"/>
                </antcall>

        }
  </script>
</target>

<target name="deploy">
        <exec executable="xcopy.exe">
		<arg line="/S /E ${cabinet} ${site}"/>
	  </exec>
</target>

<target name="main" depends="deploy_sites">

Then from the command line I can call "ant main -buildfile deploy.xml".

Am I even close with the pseudocode?

-Anthony