ant-user mailing list archives

From Anthony Rodriguez <Anth...@WeddingChannel.com>
Subject RE: using ant in the deploy process
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2001 19:09:58 GMT
I would like to pass the servers to deploy to at the command line.  Then I
would like to have a task that I can use that would go thru the list and
deploy the files to each server.  I could write task for each and every
server that can get deployed to but that seems like a lot of repetitive work
for something that can be accomplished by setting a variable.

I guess what I am really asking for here is a list and a foreach loop.  I
looked thru earlier listings and saw that there is a foreach task out there.
Anyone know where I can get it?  Also, is there a list or array feature out
there for ant?  If so, where can I get that?

If there isn't a foreach and array for ant, does anyone know any good
resources for how to use the script task?  Or more specifically, how to use
the script task with Perl?

-Anthony

-----Original Message-----
From: Schaefer, Don [mailto:don_schaefer@xelus.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2001 8:30 AM
To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: RE: using ant in the deploy process

We use ant for our deployments.  It works very well.  FTP is fine.  Remember
that you can also pull a new revision from a remote location.  We use
filesets and naming patterns combined with jar to create our images.  We
have also made our update available internally on a webserver for retrieval
as well.