ant-user mailing list archives

From "Wang, Nan" <Nan.W...@FMR.COM>
Subject ANT in Clearcase
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2001 20:40:04 GMT
Hi all:

We are currently in the process of evaluating using ANT for our JAVA
projects instead of Clearmake, we're also using base Clearcase with dynamic
views.

A couple of issues came up:

1) Timestamp.  Let's say user checks out a class, modifies, then compiles,
decides that he doesn't want the change and unchecks out the file, ANT will
think everything is uptodate because now the .java is earlier than the
.class, and will require a clean to recompile.  Has anyone came up with
anyway to resolve this besides doing rebuilds?

2) The task "depends" used to figure out reverse dependencies which is nice,
has anyone had any problems with it?  (We are using ant1.4)

3) This really has nothing to do with Clearcase, but one of our project has
a C library, have you dealt with anything like that?  Would you keep the 2
processes seperate?  Write a new task?  Or use exec or script?

Thanks very much in advance.