ant-user mailing list archives

From "Azariah Jeyakumar" <azariah.jeyaku...@tumbleweed.com>
Subject RE: using different JDK version for javac than ant
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2001 02:11:14 GMT
Hi,

Thanks, it works! I was able to compile my code that used JDK 1.3 classes
when running ant using JDK 1.2.

But I am surprised that it works!

Because I did not give the JAVA_HOME of where my 1.3 was installed and hence
ant has no way to get to the javac of my 1.3 installation.

Does ant use the javac of 1.2 with the rt.jar of 1.3? Will this work if I
had used any keywords that were introduced in 1.3? (I cant remember that any
keywords were introduced in JDK 1.3 but I think some were introduced in JDK
1.4)

Thanks
Azariah