ant-user mailing list archives

From "Marc van Grootel (Mendez Nederland)" <>
Subject RE: Regular Expression for Enhanced Replace Task
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2001 13:12:08 GMT

Thanks for this task, I was looking for something like that.
My Java programming knowledge is minimal and I don't know
the Regexp package very well but I was under the impression
that I could use backreferences in the replacement value
(value attribute) so that I could do something like:

  <target name="foo">
      <regreplace basedir="${basedir}"

Alas, the value is used literally so "foobar" gives "foo\1" instead
of "foofoo".
Is this intentional, or could this be added?