ant-user mailing list archives

From Adam Getchell <>
Subject Using ant to build imjay
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2001 22:27:49 GMT
Hello all,

I seem to be having difficulties using ant to build imjay
(, a secure Java instant messaging client. I'm on
Windows 2000 Pro, SP2.

Following the instructions on the FAQ
(, I unzipped ant into

Then I did:

set ANT_HOME=c:\utilities\ant
set PATH=%PATH%;%ANT_HOME%\bin

(The instructions indicated that setting JAVA_HOME was optional, and when I
did so the outcome did not change.)

Now, I also unzipped imjay into c:\temp

And did:

ant -buildfile imjay.xml

which returns:
'c:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
program or batch file.

The contents of my System Path variable is:
\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\BINN

The contents of my user PATH variable is:

C:\Program Files\SSH Communications Security\SSH Secure

What am I missing?

I also tried using the AntRunner OpenTool plugin for JBuilder, installing
according to the directions, but when I get to configuring the AntNode it
gives me a "Buildfile has no targets". However, that's probably the subject
of another question; I only mention it for completeness.

Thanks all,

*	Adam Getchell
*	System Architect/Programmer			(530) 752-1584
*	Human Resources Information Systems
"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability in the opponent." -- Sun Tzu

View raw message