ant-user mailing list archives

From "Brown, Sheldon" <>
Subject RE: javac and dependencies
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2001 12:08:47 GMT
on the javac task, set depend=true (if your compiler supports it -- if not
download jikes)

-----Original Message-----
From: Rouiller Claude []
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2001 8:07 AM
To: ''
Subject: javac and dependencies

I have 2 source files: and
In, I use a class that is defined in

Imagine I've just compiled both files.
If I modify only and I call Ant again, Ant will call the compiler for only. (This is not a surprise, because it is written in the Ant
documentation "Only Java files that have no corresponding class file or
where the class file is older than the java file will be compiled.")

What I would like Ant to do is to recompile both files, even when I don't
A solution is to "clean" every time before calling the compiler.
Is there any nicer solution??

View raw message