ant-user mailing list archives

From Eric Smith <E...@discoveryworld.co.za>
Subject RE: cross-platform rsync?
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2001 14:06:04 GMT

> Then in the build file I have lines like:
> <pathelement location="${shared}/lib/log4j.jar" />
> <copy file="${shared}/bin/JavaService.exe" todir="${dist}/bin"/>
>
> It works great for us & it also allows each developer to override
> properties in the build file by adding lines to their .ant.properties
>
> Yes there is a speed penalty but I would think it would be less than
> trying to rsync the whole repository.

I can use this to copy essential 'bootstrap' files that are required for the
build (in particular, a Windows rsync binary and cygwin.dll), however, the
binaries in question are essentially content for the web application that we
maintain (images, pdf's, word docs etc) and are not limited to binaries
directly required for the build.  We're talking about approximately 150 megs
of content (that's only the binaries).

rsync takes about the same time as a copy the first time it's run,
thereafter, the delta algorithm employed makes it extremely fast.

--Eric