ant-user mailing list archives

From "Poulter, Toby" <tpoul...@kpmg.co.nz>
Subject RE: Weird XML Error
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2001 23:39:32 GMT

From: Conor MacNeill [mailto:conor@cortexebusiness.com.au]
Sent: Monday, 10 September 2001 3:46 p.m.
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: Weird XML Error

Not quite. Try this
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<project name="integration" default="info" basedir="..">
  <description>integrate and test application on a single
machine</description>
	<target name="init" description="initialisation routines and
properties">
		<tstamp />
	</target>

	<target name="info" depends="init" description="print info about
your build
environment">
		<echo message="OS Name:                ${os.name}" />
		<echo message="OS Version:             ${os.version}" />
		<echo message="" />
	</target>
</project>

The project element does not have a description attribute. However, I'm
doubtful that this will solev your problem as it seems to be an XML parser
issue. Are you using the standard Ant parser (crimson) or another. What JDK
are you running? Can you please run ant -debug if this still occurs and let
us know of anything interesting.

Conor

Disclaimer:
The information in this electronic mail message is confidential and may be legally privileged.
It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this Internet electronic mail message by
anyone else is unauthorised.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action
taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.
When addressed to our clients any opinions or advice contained in this Internet electronic
mail message are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in the governing KPMG client
engagement letter.

KPMG accepts no responsibility for any effects this email message or attachments has on the
recipient network or computer system.