ant-user mailing list archives

From Les Hughes <leslie.hug...@rubus.com>
Subject RE: cross-platform rsync?
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2001 12:59:03 GMT
I have a similar problem which I haven't needed to solve - yet. But rsync
2.4.6 looks like it's included in the cygwin 1.3.3 distro (well the
installer's asking me if I want to install it...). You only need the exe and
cygwin.dll on your W2K boxes I think and it *could* be easy enough to roll
into an Ant task as well maybe.

Sorry to not be more specific - I'll post details of how I get on over the
next few weeks.

Les

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Smith [mailto:Eric@discoveryworld.co.za]
Sent: 28 September 2001 08:32
To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: RE: cross-platform rsync?

copy doesn't really 'sync' since files in the source tree that have been
deleted aren't correspondingly deleted in the destination (and empty
directories aren't 'pruned').

rsync is specifically geared to doing fast sync's by virtue of a delta
algorithm (whereas copy only looks at the timestamp).

Other than the above though, copy would be a neat solution.

--Eric