ant-user mailing list archives

From Bevan Arps <bevan.a...@actfs.co.nz>
Subject Re: cross-platform rsync?
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2001 20:55:45 GMT
At 13:23 27/09/2001 +0200, Eric Smith wrote:

>My question is:  Is there a 'clean' cross-platform solution (obviously
>preferably based in Java)
>for syncing files across file systems?

Ahh - perhaps I'm missing something here.

You say that the files are available on a Unix share - why not use the
built in copy task to do the synchronize? It includes smarts to only copy
when necessary:

 From the Ant Manual, on Copy:

"Copies a file or Fileset to a new file or directory. Files are only copied
if the source file is newer than the destination file, or when the
destination file does not exist. However, you can explicitly overwrite
files with the overwrite attribute."

I've been using this to "synch" directories and it works very quickly, only
copying changed files.

Cheers,
Bevan.

--
"Programming is an Art Form that Fights Back"

Bevan Arps (<mailto:bevan.arps@actfs.co.nz>bevan.arps@actfs.co.nz)
Senior OO Analyst, ACT Financial Systems

This communication  is confidential  to ACT  Financial  Systems  (Asia
Pacific)  and is intended for  use only by the  addressee.   The  views and
opinions  expressed in  this email  are the senders  own and do not
Pacific).