ant-user mailing list archives

From Jim White <...@pagesmiths.com>
Subject Re: How to javac *only* the .java file I am currently editting?
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2001 19:33:06 GMT
I'm not sure why this debate continues.  Did no one notice that I posted an
Ant build file that satisfies the exact request made in the original post?

Ant is *the* way to build and install software with Java.  You just have to
know how to use it (just like Make...).

jim

At 02:18 PM 9/14/2001 -0500, David Stagner wrote:
>Diane Holt wrote:
> >
> > --- Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:
> > > Ummm... given that "C/C++" has had pointers (while java doesnt)
> > > for *decades*, doesn't this strike you as kind of a glaring
> > > omission for a language that seeks to replace "C/C++", and
> > > whose documentation talks about "C/C++"'s shortcomings?
> >
> > I can see trying to replace C++ with Java making sense, but isn't all the
> > JVM stuff itself written in C?  How do they expect to replace C with Java
> > when they're using it to even have Java in the first place?
>
>I think Peter Donald's comment was meant as sarcasm, in response to
>complaints that Ant doesn't do some things that Make does.  Personally,
>i find both Ant and Make useful, for different but related tasks.  I
>also find both Java and C useful.  I'm still looking for a use for C++.
>:}
>--
>
>David Stagner
>
>National Marrow Donor Program
>3001 Broadway Street NE
>Broadway Ridge Suite 500
>Minneapolis, MN  55413
>
>Email: dstagner@nmdp.org

James P. White                 Netscape DevEdge Champion for IFC
IFC Exchange   *   Insanely great Java   *   http://www.ifcx.org
jim@pagesmiths.com Pagesmiths' home is http://www.pagesmiths.com