ant-user mailing list archives

From "Frazier, Scott" <scott.fraz...@gs.com>
Subject RE: Cannot Get Ant to work
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2001 17:38:35 GMT

    Sounds like $ANT_HOME/bin isn't in your PATH..

-S.

-----Original Message-----
From: Suzi Griffiths [mailto:Suzi.Griffiths@merant.com]
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2001 1:29 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Cannot Get Ant to work

Hi,

Sorry that this is such a basic question, but I cannot get ant to run.

I am following the J2EE tutorial which says the following:
1.      In a terminal window, go to the j2eetutorial/examples/src directory.

2.      Type the following command:

	        ant converter

Which I did, but am continually get the following message when trying to run
ant.

'ant' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I have set my classpath to include c:\ant\bin  (ant being where I installed
it)
I have tried with just c:\ant  c:\ant\bin,   and also added the
c:\ant\lib\ant.jar, c:\ant\lib\jaxp.jar & c:\ant\lib\parser.jar

Please help !

Suzi Griffiths
Pre Sales Consultant - Micro Focus
The Lawns, 22-30 Old Bath Road, Newbury, Berkshire. RG14 1QN
Tel:              +44 (0)1635 565629
Mobile:         +44 (0)777 1676771
Home Office:+44 (0)1740 645593
Email:Suzi.griffiths@merant.com