ant-user mailing list archives

From "Frank E. Weiss" <fra...@well.com>
Subject Is there an Ant Processing Theory?
Date Sat, 22 Sep 2001 21:10:19 GMT
I really think ant is a good thing. I like the fact that is uses XML,
but I suspect that some users don't really understand XML and where they
can go with it. I also like its cross-platform extensibility via Java
plug-ins.

Aside from that, I've been wondering what depth there is to ant, or if
it is falls into the genre of ad-hoc of tools. Looking through the
documentation I'm a bit disappointed. For example, the assertion "Ant
resolves these dependencies" is a bit of hand waving, IMHO. Isn't there
some science to it?

Perhaps somebody has worked this out. I'd like to get pointers to that
work. In the meantime, I've attached a rough draft to give you an idea
of what I'm looking for.