ant-user mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Manifest bug?
Date Sat, 22 Sep 2001 00:03:54 GMT
Richard Wilkinson wrote:

> Can anyone confirm a JAR manifest bug when creating a JAR file.
> The Ant 1.4 manifest file truncates the lines to a fixed size, replacing the
> remainder on the next line (see below)

It is not a bug - it is the specification. Check out

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/guide/jar/jar.html#JAR%20Manifest

In particular, this section (under notes heading) :

* Line length:

No line may be longer than 72 bytes (not characters), in its
UTF8-encoded form. If a value would make the initial line longer than
this, it should be continued on extra lines (each starting with a single
SPACE).

Can you give me more details about how this causes a problem?

Conor