ant-user mailing list archives

From Glenn McAllister <gl...@somanetworks.com>
Subject Re: Starting Remote Ant Scripts
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2001 17:50:36 GMT
"CAMPANA,SAL (HP-Philadelphia,ex1)" wrote:

> I basically want my Ant process on one box to invoke an ANT process to start
> on another box seperately....

<exec executable="ssh">
  <arg value="${remote.host}" />
  <arg value="cd ${remote.build.dir} && ant ${remote.ant.options}" />
</exec>

Works best if the other machine has a public key for the id running the build;
assumes you are running in a reasonably physically secure environment.  Note
that ssh will not return untill the command is completed.  If the remote
command complete successfully, ssh returns 0.  If the remote command fails, ssh
returns 1.  I'm doing this on a linux box, haven't a clue if this is available
on windows.

Glenn McAllister