ant-user mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Porter <j...@metadyne.uk.com>
Subject Re: JDK 1.1, Personal Java. Help?
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2001 14:33:02 GMT

Thanks for the reply.

The trouble with setting the build.compiler to javac1.1 is that it
instructs the javac compiler to produce byte code
for JDK1.1x. This is almost what I want.

The thing is that objects such as java.util.List are still on the
classpath, so hence get
compiled and used. Which I don't want. The reason for not wanting these,
incase anyone is not familer to Personal Java, is
because Personal Java is essentially JDK 1.18 + some extensions. It does
not include classed such as some of the java.util.collections.

So I want to compile with JDK1.1.8 + have my Collections.jar extension on
the path,
so that I end up with compiled byte code that I know will run under
Personal Java, or I should get error messages saying that
I'm using objects that are not available under Personal Java.

Thanks.

JP.

David Walend wrote:

> Jeffrey Porter wrote:
>

> > I'm trying to write an ant script to compile our/my codebase that has
> > been
> > profiled for JDK 1.1.8 - Personal Java.
> >
> > I know how to write the script to work with JDK1.3.
> >
> > I just need to know how change the compiler used to JDK 1.1.
> >

> JP,
>
> Does the javac task's target="1.1" attribute work for you?
>
> Dave

-- it builds, quick ship it!