ant-user mailing list archives

From David Stagner <dstag...@nmdp.org>
Subject Re: How to javac *only* the .java file I am currently editting?
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2001 19:18:23 GMT
Diane Holt wrote:

> --- Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:
> > Ummm... given that "C/C++" has had pointers (while java doesnt)
> > for *decades*, doesn't this strike you as kind of a glaring
> > omission for a language that seeks to replace "C/C++", and
> > whose documentation talks about "C/C++"'s shortcomings?
>
> I can see trying to replace C++ with Java making sense, but isn't all the
> JVM stuff itself written in C?  How do they expect to replace C with Java
> when they're using it to even have Java in the first place?

I think Peter Donald's comment was meant as sarcasm, in response to
complaints that Ant doesn't do some things that Make does.  Personally,
i find both Ant and Make useful, for different but related tasks.  I
also find both Java and C useful.  I'm still looking for a use for C++.
:}
--

David Stagner

National Marrow Donor Program