ant-user mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: new ant user
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2001 15:25:53 GMT
Peter,

peter wrote:
> Does ant automatically produce .war files, or do I have to explicitly state
> that what I want produced is a .war file.

Ant doesn't do anything automatically. You need to construct a build
file which sets out what you want Ant to do to build your war file. It
will usually involve compiling some code, combining the classes with
resources into a war and even, potentially, deploying the war somewhere.

I think your best bet would be to ask on the struts user list for an
example build file showing how struts apps are put together. That should
get you going. If you don't have any luck there, check back here.

> Please bear with my ignorance regarding this subject.  I am new to ant and
> have never even used a makefile utility before, although I am starting to
> see their usefulness.

Conor