ant-user mailing list archives

From "Robert Seeger" <rsee...@nortelnetworks.com>
Subject Re: Javascript errors
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2001 18:16:52 GMT
I guess the thing is that I'm trying to follow the previous design
decisions used to the makefiles, and that isn't the best way to go about
using Ant. Since I have a lot of experience with make, and little with Ant,
it would make my life easier. However, it seems certain things are easy to
do with make, and hard to do with Ant, and vice versa.

The reason for using different project names for each subpackage, however,
is to distinguish between them. I don't really see the reason to use a
project name unless you're going to use it to distinguish the projects in
some way.

As an aside, can you have more than one project in a build.xml file? If
not, is there a reason why the javascript code needs to use the project
name, rather than some keyword, like "project"?

Rob Seeger

At 10:44 AM 9/27/01 -0700, you wrote:
>--- Robert Seeger <rseeger@nortelnetworks.com> wrote:
>> *sigh* I was afraid it would wind up coming down to that.
>
>Why "sigh"? What does having a different <project> name for each of the
>sub-buildfiles do for you? Do you use it some way? If you need some
>property to distinguish each package, you can always just define a
>"package" property to be the name you'd previously used as <project>'s
>name.
>
>Diane
>

>=====
>(holtdl@yahoo.com)

>Listen to your Yahoo! Mail messages from any phone.
>http://phone.yahoo.com

Robert Seeger
Network Engineer
Nortel Networks