ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <>
Subject Re: newbie needs help: jar / fileset search path?
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2001 20:17:26 GMT
--- James THOMAS <> wrote:
> It would be nice if I could specify the search path as a property value
> prior to executing the ant build.
> Image if I had 30 jar files and 4 possible search paths:  30 * 4 = 120
> lines which would be better specified as 30 lines.

Well, there are other possibilities. One would be to take advantage of the
fact that jar-files mentioned in the classpath that don't exist are
dropped from it. Another would be to use <script>, or write a task, to
provide that functionality. Or you could look at modifying to
take a "searchpath" attribute and propose your change to ant-dev. Or
lastly, there's always the unofficial <foreach> task.

Do You Yahoo!?