ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Javascript errors
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2001 20:23:25 GMT
--- Robert Seeger <rseeger@nortelnetworks.com> wrote:
> To tell the truth, I don't know that I will use the "project name"
> anywhere else. I think this part boils down to a matter of style.
> I like to try to do things the way it first looks like they should be
> done, if possible.

But I don't think there is a "should be" in this case -- I've never heard
of any standard anyway. If you think of the build as a single project,
with the build-files in the subdirs representing pieces of that project,
then I don't think having a single name for the project would constitute a
"shouldn't be done". And you wouldn't have to scrap what you already have
and start designing it all over again, which should help with your time
constraint. If <script> gets changed to accomodate using "project" instead
of the actual name, you'd only need to change the named references in the
script text to accommodate the change.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)