ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Javac fork problem
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2001 14:57:17 GMT
--- "Brian S. Paskin" <bpaskin@libero.it> wrote:
> Here is a little more information on my problem.  I am trying on AIX
> 4.3.3 with JDK 1.1.8 PTF 12.  This is the debug of the forked Javac
> command.  It is attaching something to the end causing it to fail.

The "something" is an "@argfile". It's generated when the command-line
length exceeds 4K (looks like it just uses "jikes" in the name, regardless
of whether the compiler is 'jikes' -- if you have the Ant source-files,
see DefaultCompilerAdaptor.java in .../taskdefs/compilers).

Looks like your 'javac' doesn't support using an "@argfile". Guess you'll
need to either see if you can break the build down so you end up with
shorter command-lines, or, if your command-line length-limit is larger
than 4K, you could try doing something with Java (I'm guessing you could
do that "method override" thing, but my Java knowledge drops off at this
point, so someone else will need to advise you on that :)

Maybe we should consider putting a change through that allows the user to
specify the length as an attribute, which defaults to 4096 if not
specified.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)