ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: using ant in the deploy process
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2001 23:38:34 GMT
--- Anthony Rodriguez <Anthony@WeddingChannel.com> wrote:
> In a nutshell, I want to ftp, copy, etc a folder full of java and asp
> files to several servers.

And the procedure used to get the files to the different servers will be
the same? (Ie., you can write a single target for getting them over there,
and you just need to pass it the server name for each one you're putting
them out to?)

> The servers will change from build to build.

How do you plan to specify to the build which server(s) to put the files
out to?

> I was looking into the script task [...]

<script> may be usable in some way, but first I need to know the answer to
the above question.  In your pseudo-code, you comment that the server
names will come from a properties file -- is that your plan, to have a
properties file that you put the server names in each time before you run
your build?

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)