ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <>
Subject Re: Checking if properties is set
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2001 22:06:08 GMT
--- Ylan Segal <> wrote:
> I am trying to write a target that checks if all needed properties are
> set before it actually does anything else.

Other than using <script>, I don't know of any way currently to check if a
list of properties are simply set. The if/unless construct only tests one
property at a time, not a list of properties, as someone suggested
earlier. Nor can you use the <condition> task with the <equals> element,
as someone else suggested (comparing arg1 to "" will always return false,
regardless of whether the property named in arg1 is set or not). To use
<condition>, we'd need to add a new element that was like <equals>, but
that just checks for whether the property is set, not what it's set to.